The cover of this book has my name on it, but I am not the author. I am the scribe for Guru Pranachandra, who is a manifestation of energy that channeled through me. This is his message.
This message was relayed to me between the 20th of November 2019 and the 2nd of January 2020. Almost every day, I wrote as directed. Characters, concepts, and clarity came to me anew each day, quite the same way they will come to you as a reader.
In January, as I started to edit, I was struck by the simplicity of it all. In February, however, as the impact of CoViD_19 starting becoming known, I began to marvel at how most of the habits Guru Pranachandra articulated were the ones the human species had to embrace, to save itself.
By March, with the lockdowns, a large portion of the world had been forced into living life differently. And the effect of doing this was visible on the ecology of the Planet. The air had become clean. Animals felt safe. Dolphins returned near cities. And to our surprise, we even had peacocks visit our apartment!
On Whatsapp, forwards included several poetic messages about how our habits had, in fact, caused us the most harm… and how (to copy-paste one such note):
The Corona Virus has made us realize that:
1. Humans are the real viruses on planet Earth.
2. A pandemic does not differentiate race, caste, or border.
3. Living a simple life is easy. We don’t need to consume a lot.
4. We can raise billions for the right causes without red-tape.
5. Wealthy urbanites are more vulnerable than rural poor.
6. We – and the kids – can survive without junk food.
7. Oil is worthless in a society without consumption.
8. The majority of people can work from home.
9. We are all connected by cause and effect.
10. We are not the masters of the Universe.
Meanwhile, conspiracy theories also propagated that Corona could be a technology innovation that backfired.
Or a carefully-planned method of warfare. Or even a way of turning the tables of the international economy. All that, however, is not significant.
What is of importance is that CoViD has been a wakeup call. A call that we will soon dismiss unless we cement the lifestyle changes into our routines before this is over. Before there actually is an orchestrated technology attack, the possibility of which the Guru has mentioned in the following pages. CoViD was akin to a dress rehearsal for all the players to know how prepared they are.
The Pandemic has forced upon us many habits – such as being mindful of wearing a mask and washing our hands. If we use this opportunity to take these habits to the next level – by being mindful of what we eat and how much we consume – we will have a chance at renewing our world. And our preparedness for the future will increase manifold. If not, it will be an opportunity lost.
Therefore, it is my hope that you will appreciate the imminence of the messages contained herein and will do all in your power to reach this book to all the people you can.
This book has been written to be read and re-read. The habits recommended in it are to be discussed and debated in families and within institutions. Social groups and professional communities need to explore the multitude of ramifications of the messages that RENEWAL carries. And eventually, it will become a movement, the way Guru Pranachandra has envisaged it.
Thank you, dear reader, for starting to be a part of this Movement, to redesign our imprint on the planet.
As a human species, we have fuelled ourselves by our life force energy (Qì) since long before we knew what it was. Likewise, I believe I have been a Renewalist since long before Sandeep Nath coined the word through this book. And that goes to show how fundamental and natural this concept is for healthy human existence.
Renewalism is a concept that has the potential to bring about the most significant change in the trajectory of humanity. It is about the raising of human consciousness through small habit-switches individuals can make at three levels; Self-awareness, Symbiotic exchanges, and Systemic redirection. All of which would result in the Renewal of the human imprint on Earth.
In my lifespan, I have seen technology make a profound impact on human behaviour and choices at all of these three levels. But whether this has raised human consciousness or dumbed it down into becoming part of a systemic matrix is an on-going debate. I am happy that RENEWAL addresses this debate and pushes the envelope into the technologies of inner power as opposed to outer gratification.
The book emphasizes that the world is a mere 30 habits away from Renewal. And those habits are for individuals to embrace… hence each one of us has a role to play. Systematically it enunciates each habit and explains how anyone can effortlessly weave it into their daily routine… making it extremely practical and do-able.
The practice of Renewal can reverse our current state of rising personal illness, mindless lifestyles, social degeneration, environmental degradation, and overall moral decay, in less than a generation. And it bothers me to realize that on the flip-side, the next generation (without Renewal) could be on the brink of self-annihilation.
I believe the message of this book urgently needs to get across to a critical mass of Renewalists who begin to usher in the necessary – and overdue – change. I would urge professionals, organization leaders, futurists, media influencers, and academicians to form Renewal Clubs and ideate further on the messages contained herein. Renewal is an idea whose time has come.
Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming
Director, YMAA CA Retreat Center
August 24th, 2020
This book is dedicated to my mother, Renu Nath.
You might think that is because she is an amazing person. Yes, she is, but that is not the reason for this dedication. Is it because she was the first to provide feedback on the manuscript of this book? Well, she was, but that’s not the reason either. Because… she gave birth to me? Aha… getting close!
This book is dedicated to my mother because she relayed my Purpose in life to me while I was still being nurtured in her womb. She spoke with me while I was there, urging me to live life unchained to standard societal expectations. She instructed me to stay liberated and to teach the world how to do the same. To facilitate the raising of consciousness; by making changes in the way we think of our lives, our priorities, our jobs, keeping busy, raising kids, and all of that.
Forty-two years passed before I could revisit that sounding, deep in my subconscious. It arose through a meditative connection with my inner power. And when my mother reconfirmed that this dialogue had actually occurred with her womb, that was the day I felt released to the world in a real sense. And life has been incredible ever since.
The central graphic on the cover depicts the emblem of the RENEWAL Movement.
- It is about switching ourselves – and our planet – ON again. Inner Power.
- It is about right living, depicted by Ankh, the hieroglyphic symbol of ‘Life’.
- It is about our communion with Nature, about regrowth and regeneration.
- It is about the ‘heart of love’ that is needed at the center of our vibrations.
- It is the key, to open a future of higher human consciousness.
- It is the sword, which the warrior in you must wield, to manifest change.
- It could be a cross, a sign of the Savior, which arises from within ourselves.
- It could also be a ticking grenade, ready to explode as we mess with nature.
- Some construe it as a symbol of power, strength, the eyes of Goddess Durga.
- And for some, it depicts a bottle of scent, the fragrance of which purifies all.
I care for myself and for the future of my world.
I embrace the Renewal Habits to make
this caring my karma.
***** To Care Is My Karma *****
RENEWAL HABITS: At a Glance
- Smile inside and stretch while you laze in bed
- Breathe consciously for 30-seconds every couple of hours
- Stay in harmony. Keep invoking the Parrot
- Get efficient and stress-free with Qigong
- Enhance control with PACE Awareness
- Invoke Gratitude, independent of circumstances
- Cut object dependency
- Invest your energy in someone younger
- Organize, and recount your day vis-à-vis your purpose
- Acknowledge blessings and visualize your future
- Carry your stuff
- Fortify your diet with consciousness
- Share your Qigong routine with the community
- Ventilate, travel, mingle
- Follow the 10-minute rule for power and water
- Buy concentrates
- Plant trees. Gift plants. Gift services
- Tidy up Space and maintain it
- Tidy up Time and maintain it
- Tidy up Energy of body, speech, and mind
- Write a Renewal Message every day
- Take a systemic decision every month
- Explore home-schooling for a while
- Value conscience over gains
- Meet elders often
- Learn a new language
- Use the internet but connect humanly
- Keep your vehicle perfect, if you must keep it
- Reduce dependence on medicines and doctors
- Recycle, reuse, refurbish, regenerate, regrow
Important information for the “Always On” generation/times. A message to pause, simplify things, and work towards a sustainable future for all of us. A “must read” book.
- Dr. Arvind Sinha, Professor – All India Institute of Medical Sciences, India
Jim Rohn meets Charles “Power of Habits” Duhigg meets Buddhist teachings rolled into an enjoyable story. This one truly has the power to move our community to a happier more sustainable future.
- Ben Foster, Director – Nebsly Media, UK
Plenty of wisdom in these pages! The book is a timely call to reflect and break out of our destructive habits.
- Navneet Jagannathan, Director – FMCG Sector, Singapore
Renewal explores the borders of science and takes us from there to the depths of consciousness. It is an incredible journey of enormous practical significance in this decade.
- Arjun Aiyar, CEO – StepUP Management Solutions, UAE
“The Renewalist can easily overthrow the consumerist.” If we can apply this one message of Renewal through mindfulness, the post-pandemic bounce-back will be at a higher level.
- Pravin Shekar, Outlier Marketer, India
Reading through and ‘living’ Renewal will provide purpose and direction, especially for the youth of today.
- Sunil Robert, Author & Corporate Changemaker, USA
Detachment. Minimalism. The world can do with this, and Renewal describes exactly how that works in our favour. A “definitely-recommended” read.
- Saahil Mehta, Entrepreneur, Author & Mountaineer, UAE
In 2020, Mother Nature has shown how she can fix her children. The insights by Guru Pranachandra MUST become part of our daily habits to shift consciousness through Renewalism.
- Gagan Garg, CEO – 6GCO, USA
In these challenging times we need to explore new perspectives and fresh action. I hope that this timely book will help many seekers to do just that!
- Kabir Saxena, Tushita Mahayana Meditation Centre, India
As developers and marketers we are often conflicted by the impact of our actions. Sandeep Nath’s book addresses this dilemma and seeds the habits that put us on the right trajectory. Must-read.
- Christian Farioli, CEO – ESD FZC Digital, Italy
Renewal inspires and motivates you to look at life with a new and positive perspective. And it does so through an engaging narrative without being preachy!
- Deepak Maheshwari, Public Policy Professional, India
We all are stuck with various viruses literally, challenging our physical, mental, and spiritual well being, constantly. Such systematic approach towards life is really refreshing.
- Sunil Taparia, Telecom Professional, India
Renewalism can help you to think differently, which can accelerate the journey to become world-class.
- Vikas Jain, Author of “Be World-Class”, Speaker & Entrepreneur, India
These are concepts that must go mainstream. For far too long we have been clouded by a limiting conditioning. Renewalism is a liberating idea.
- Kapila Taneja, Energy Master, India
This book is not a mere treatise on living life well. It is a profound and simply narrated lecture of timeless significance.
- Neerja Singh, Inter-generational Peacekeeper, India
This book contributes to the ongoing conversation about the urgent issues of our times. It is my hope that it will be read widely to help avert catastrophe by addressing the desire to consume that fuels contemporary capitalism.
- Chandana Mathur, Social Anthropologist, Ireland
Renewal is provocative, especially for technologists. Absolutely worth a read!
- Babla Sharan, COO – Regalix Inc, USA
This extraordinary text deserves space and time for its reading – and re-reading.
- Annabel Harz, Author & Creative Expressionist, Australia
I’m thrilled to see that Renewal advocates the return to 5000-year-old practices like Qigong. The solution to modern lifestyle complexities lies in ancient oriental wisdom.
- Ania Shynukova, Qigong Master & Healer, Ukraine
Although the vaccine for CoViD-19 maybe in sight, it is not a cure. RENEWAL delivers a neatly packaged way of living, which we need to adopt in our daily lives to gain immunity from such adversities.
- Ajai Mathur, Principal Advisor – Indian Railways, India
There is a call-to-action on almost every page. The concepts presented are authentic. Now it’s up to us.
- Mandar Joshi, Partner – MStrategy Global, UAE
I believe that our perspective matters for positive change in life. I am glad Renewal brings out perspectives on life that are 360-degree. It is not just life-changing, it’s consciousness-changing.
- Rafiya Sultana, Founder – NeuroExcel, Singapore
The world will be a better, more harmonious place once more people read this.
- Sulie Sritutti, Corporate Professional, UK